With the ferocity in which I aim to throw myself into my works, in large due to my efforts to survive this broken heart, 2016 ought to end up being a crazy prolific year.
A little while after my last post, Hate to Ask, I saw a glimmer of hope for my marriage, We spent the second half of December 2015 and until the 17th of January 2016 trying to give it one last chance to work out our marriage. But it isn't working. No matter how much we wanted it to. We are better off friends. Since I am on a waiting list for an apartment, and for several other reasons, we are going to try remaining under the same roof until my apartment opens up, at which point I'll move to an apartment nearby, and he is likely to move to Phoenix in a few years. There are so many things I will miss about him and about the marriage but this is the right thing to do. Thankfully it looks like we are both already starting to do some healing.
During that month I put the majority of my focus on trying to work things out. Sure I did some drawing, and writing, even tried to draft the next blog entry. But I put much on the back burner for that time. Even my New Year's Resolutions are not yet finished being written up. Odds are that until January ends I will try to catch up on the start of a new year stuff I had hoped to do, especially with resolutions and writing. Until early March my biggest focus will be on packing and preparing to move and on healing and taking care of myself. To that end, I know it will help to develop a routine for the remainder of my time in this house.
The plan for the rest of January:
- Continue packing and sorting my stuff.
- Get several yard sale items and several handmade & art items listed for sale, especially locally.
- Finish writing my 2016 New Year's Resolutions
- Sort my resolutions
- Do a brief assessment of how 2015 went for my Bent Realm Studios projects
- Write up a goodbye 2015 blog post
- Write up a few category 2016 goals post
- Blog at least 5 times
- Start a painting
- Get the reboot of my vlog going
- Have the focus of my basic sketchbooking be Mermaids, Seascapes/ Sea Life & Beach Scenes, try to get that as close to daily as I can
- Continue working on my Mom's Mother's Day project, it's a big undertaking, I have been steadily working on it since late December, though the first bit of it was done awhile before that. The sooner I get it done the better. It would be nice to improve my finishing stuff in advance goals.
- Woodburn some stuff
- Get a few small craft projects done
- Figure out a name for and set up a new Zazzle shop that I plan to put stuff using the ink and marker sketchbook series I did mostly in 2015
- Work on some digital art
- Continue planning some of my platform projects
- Continue trying to get in a 31K wordcount for January, since I am doing the 365K Club Challenge again this year (a link to a post about that will go here when it's up)
- Do prep work to hopefully run my first contest/ giveaway in February
- Brainstorm polls, challenges, games and other things.
Hopefully, I really can get that vlogging done, too. The trickiest part I think is getting past that intro in a rebooting of my vlog. This is the start of a new chapter in my life, and as hard and as painful as it is and will continue to be, realizing recently that my baseline is actually set towards happiness will help me navigate this. Start of a new chapter in life seems like a pretty good place to set the reboot of a vlog.
In theory this shouldn't be too much to finish with the last 12 days. But I can be overly ambitious at times. As I complete these things I will link in what can be linked in for that list. Probably do a follow up post on this list at the beginning of February and try to make a monthly habit of this.
Still have to ask for people to buy from me when they can as well as watch that vlog once the new episodes start going up, as I do need to bring in some regular extra money to be able to afford my new apartment sooner, since I don't know when the waiting list will call me, and my current monthly bills are too high - gotta knock them down some fast.
What are your goals for the rest of January? Are they as numerous as mine? Are any of your current goals the same or similar to mine?
Are you going through some major heartache too right now?
Any helpful thoughts for someone going through a divorce, or having to do a bit of an awkward living situation for a few months or so?
[Updated on January 22, 2016 (3 days after posting), to reflect some changes in what our living situation plans were, as originally he was going to go to Phoenix in March, and I was going to go to my parents house in March until my apartment opened up. But that changed.]
|Capture of the Mermaids and Seascapes section of my Zibbet shop January 2016.|